Find my ABN – ABN Lookup
Whether you’re a business owner looking for your ABN number or consumer trying to verify a businesses registration, there are a few options to find your ABN number.
Finding your ABN for business owners:
– Your ABN should be included on all your invoices.
– Documents sent from the ATO or other government agencies often contain your ABN number
– Use the quick and easy ABN Lookup Tool.
Consumers checking a business’s ABN:
– Check the company’s website. Businesses often disclose their ABN in the footer area of their website.
– To check and verify a businesses ABN you can also use the governments ABN Lookup Tool. It can provide you with the ABN number along with additional information about the business. Items such as, business status, entity type, GST registration, business location & trading name.
There is also a small amount of historical details that is provided.
Australian Business Numbers (ABN)
One of the quickest and most accurate ways to find an ABN is through the ABN Lookup Tool which provides over 1 billion searches a year. It’s a simple tool that allows you to search via the company name, ABN or ACN.
Information provided by the tool includes publicly available information which has been submitted to the government.
Incorrect Business Details
For business owners that that notice any incorrect information provided by the ABN Lookup Tool, it is important to have this updated. To update and fix details, visit the abr.gov.au site.
ABN Details For Finance
It is important to find and provide lenders with the correct ABN details for finance. Whilst providing incorrect details won’t necessarily see an application get declined, it can delay the approval process whilst getting and verifying the correct details. Learn more about abn loans for business owners here.